You can’t beat receiving a loving text to wake up to. It’s not just for us ladies to receive, get your fingers walking and send him a nice surprise to wake up to.
1. “I had a dream about you last night.”
2. “I hope you slept well.”
3. “You’re so beautiful/gorgeous.”
4. “I can’t wait to see you today!”
5. “I wish I was waking up next to you.”
6. “I love you.”
7. “You make each new day better.”
8. “I already miss you.”
9. “You’re the first thing on my mind when I wake up.”
10. “I’m always proud of you.”
11. “I’m counting down the minutes until I get to see you again.”
12. “I need you so much right now.”
13. “I’m getting butterflies because I know I’ll see you later.”
14. “You. Me. Lunch. Today. My treat.”
15. “I wish we could just cuddle for the rest of the day.”
16. “I’m so lucky to have you.”
17. “I can’t stop thinking about you.”
18. “Every day, I discover something new to love about you.”
19. “Being with you is even better than sleeping.”
20. “I’ll bring you coffee later.”
21. “Only you can make my day better.”
22. “Good morning to my favorite person in the world.”
23. “Let’s make plans for the weekend. I need more time with you.”
24. “I can’t wait to hear your voice today.”
25. “I wish we could just pack our bags and go somewhere far away together. Right now.”
Being put on the spot makes it harder for us to define our boundaries. In our attempts to appease the person giving us their attention, we agree to things without meaning to.
But failure to have boundaries lets other people force us into situations that make us resent them. As long as you think having boundaries makes you rude, the wrong people will continue to put demands on you and you will end up resenting them.
You also need to stop equating having boundaries with lack of compassion. Instead, see it as a way to have self-respect. After all, you wouldn’t go around imposing responsibilities on people if it would make them uncomfortable.
Before anyone can respect you, you have to respect yourself first.
So, don’t be in a rush to give a response the next time someone asks you for a favor. Take your time and think it over and then give an answer you will not regret.
It’s okay to be honest about what’s not okay and what is.